Friday, February 29, 2008

The Island


well we are on the Island...Vancouver Island that is...It is very pretty! A week ago today we took a ferry over here. I'd never been on a ferry before...but I mainly graded papers during the journey. That's okay though there is always the ride back.


Before coming over to the Island we were on the mainland for a bit around the Vancouver area. We went to teh Capilano bridge. It's a giant suspension bridge. The Lord granted us a beautiful day...warm, suny...very pretty.


Also I got to go skiing! This was great. I was staying with a family who was from England, the husband worked in Hawaii, but he was in town for a bit and they had friends visiting from Australia. So I got to go skiing with the friends...it was neat to be skiing in Vancouver, Canada with Australians...how cool is that. The view was amazing the skiing wasn't all that great but it was worth the view. At the top of the mountain...which is not high compared to skiing in Colorado. Anyways once I was coming down the mountain...I could see the city of Vancouver...I'm not use to being able to see a major city...while I'm skiing. But there it was off to my left in between us was the bay of the ocean...to the right a light fog rolling in. To top it off a birds swooped down and the sun caught its wing just right and glistened.

Now we are on Vancouver Island another beautiful aspect of Canada. We have traveled from the North tip, at Port McNeil, to the very bottom here in Victoria...the capital. Surrounded my water and mountains...on a sunny day few things are more gorgeous.


It seems a bit short of an update but I'm in a productive mood so I decided to go ahed.


No comments: